Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yahoo Farm

On Saturday our neighbors invited us to go with them to Yahoo Farm in Jasper. We had tons of fun on the haunted hay ride. Our mission while on the ride was to get the head from "Two head Betty". I personally had no interest in reaching out of the trailor to grab a severed head from some crazy lady. One of the little boys on the ride did and he got a free popcorn for turning in his loot. After the hay ride, we did the corn maze in the dark. They gave us tiny, cheapo flashlights that were pretty useless so we went in a few circles before finding our way out. Michael thought it would be funny to take off and scare the older kids, so every few seconds we would hear shrieking coming out of the corn. We weren't supposed to cut through the corn stalks so I'm sure Michael owes Mr. Farmer a $50 fine for breaking the rules. (SHHH...don't tell)
I was thinking about how this trip to the pumpkin farm was so much different than past trips when the kids were younger. They are growing way too fast. They are going to have to stop that!
Anyway, we had a really fun time and I look forward to having many more "big kid" adventures!

Jess and our neighbor Tiffany

The boy who got the head...

Us...

This is the only "pumpkin" shot the kids would let me take...

Jacob, Tiffany, Jess, And Casey...

2 comments:

Renee said...

That looks like so much fun.

valiantlynn said...

Jennifer...I can't believe how much the kids have grown! I remember when Jess was just a little baby. Makes me feel old! :)