Monday, October 13, 2008

HIS FIRST WIN: 20-14



First let me thank my dear friend Renee for having her camera ready to document this wonderous event. I had left my camera at home not thinking that I would need it. Maybe I should have done that a long time ago. Anyway, on to the big news...

Jess has been playing football for 3 seasons now. His team had never won a game until Saturday! Mike has been teasing the boys that their record was 0-20whatever. But he can't say that anymore. They have worked so hard and put up with some really crazy coaching but it finally paid off. I don't think I have ever screamed so loudly in my life as I did at the end of that game. They were actually tied at the end of the 4th quarter but they pulled it off in triple overtime. Talk about an adrenaline rush! I am so proud of these boys, they sooo deserved this!! (Just in case anyone is wondering it was the Cherokee Warriors that they were playing.)

4 comments:

Karina Rigtrup said...

Woo hoo! That's exciting. You wrote that post really well, I could just feel your excitement.

The Daniel Family said...

That's AWESOME!! Go Grizzlies!! I can't believe Jess is playing football...time continues to speed up. I got a little teary reading your excitement...it's cool to be a mommy...

Renee said...

That was a very exciting game. I was glad that I had my camera for you to document the very deserving win!!! See you at practice.

Crafty Lady said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!