Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gooey Eyeball

On October 19th my kids participated in the Primary Program at our church. All of the children did wonderfully and the Spirit was so strong during the meeting. HOWEVER, after church Casey and Jacob were showing me these great goody bags that they received for doing such a good job and pulled out some really cool gooey eyeballs. Casey then decided to walk into the living room giving her gooey eye a little toss upward on the way. It immedietly stuck to our wonderful FLAT paint. We got out the Swiffer stick to try to get it down but it just smeared into this nasty red blob. I had to get out the ladder to peel it from the wall revealing a nice big grease spot, which I will now have to go and buy paint to cover up. (I stopped by the paint store yesterday and they have changed their colors since mine was purchased so I have to bring them the bucket that my builder left for me that is all dried up and crusty.) Why is everything such a huge deal?!


I considered leaving this for Halloween but since I was borrowing a 12' ladder (to take care of the wiffle ball that was melted in my light fixture-that's another great story)I figured I'd get it down while I could.

Here is the full view from the front door...nice, huh?


4 comments:

The Daniel Family said...

OK I'm totally laughing at your blog...the things I have to look forward to! I've got a nice grease remnant from one of those sticky hands...oh the joy!!

Crafty Lady said...

Oh no! What a mess. I'm so glad you posted this. I was watching the kids at church with these and they looked like so much fun I almost went and got some for Owen. You so just changed my mind. Sorry for your mess, thanks for stopping me from ruining my new pain job.

KatSpy said...

My children did the same thing, but the gooey eyeball wasn't as red. There is a nice greasy reminder of their visit to the Canton Ward. ;o)

Renee said...

Mental note: Do not let kids have eyeballs at home only at Jennifer's house!!!LOL