Sunday, September 28, 2008

Jacob's Carnival Party

My baby turned 8 yesterday! I can't believe it. Time is flying by so fast! I decided to do a blow out this year since it may be his last "kiddie" b-day party. They seem to want more $cash$ than they do parties the older they get! We had a blast, it turned out to be a really fun time and the kids all seemed to enjoy it.
First the kids entered through our gate and went to a ticket booth to get tickets and a goody bag which they decorated with markers and wrote their name on.




Then they used their tickets for games where they won prizes to fill the goody bags. There was also face painting that was purchased with tickets.



Carrie and Megan were painting hearts on the cheeks of the ladies who agreed to it . They would put the initial of that persons MAN inside the heart.

We had a concession stand where food items could be purchased with tickets. There was cotton candy, popcorn, sno cones, hot dogs, and drinks. I had rented the machines from a local party store. They were a huge hit. The cotton candy machine decided to quit on us just a short time into the party. We were all really bummed about that. I figured that I at least got some good pics for my blog and scrapbook so the fact that there was a shortage of sugar for the kids to consume wasn't that terrible.


Casey...

Maggie the Sno Cone Queen ...I copied this caption from Megan's face book album ;)



And as if that wasn't enough sugar, I made cupcakes to look like mini popcorn bags. I got the liners from a company that I found on Ebay. I made white cupcakes with white icing, then I took mini marshmallows that were cut in half and colored with food coloring and put them on top of the cupcake. Some of the kids didn't want to eat them because they thought it really was popcorn on top!!

Jacob blowing out his candles...

Finally, we ended the night with lots of great gifts from all of Jacob's awesome friends!

I guess this will have to be the last of the big parties because this was A LOT of work and I am not sure I want to try to top this one! I do want to say thanks to all of my totally awesome family and friends who helped me make this party a success! I also want to thank my producer, my record label , my fans......OOPS! I think I started day dreaming!! J.K.!!

6 comments:

The Daniel Family said...

Great job!!! Looks like a definitel success. That stinks about the cotton candy...I'd have been totally bummed that's my FAVORITE!!

Karina Rigtrup said...

I'm sad we missed it. Sounds freaken awesome! Can you believe he's 8, wow!

Renee said...

Ok the cupcakes turned out awesome. Jessica and Alyssa want to do the whole popcorn bag invite and now we are going to do the cupcakes too. You are awesome. See you tomorrow at our beloved son's football practice.

Renee said...

i TAGGED YOU, CHECK OUT MY BLOG.

Crafty Lady said...

This is soooo cool. I have to show my neighbor, she is doing a carnival themed party in November.
Great job! What a lucky kid.

The Flint Family said...

Jennifer!! You did such an AWESOME job on this birthday!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the popcorn cupcakes! Forget Martha Stewart Living, you need "Jennifer Living." Totally magazine worthy! Thanks for letting me view! -Nicole