Sunday, November 2, 2008

NKOTB Forever!!!

When I think back on my preteen years, the first thing that comes to mind is the obsession I had with New Kids On The Block. I had the walls of my room covered with NKOTB posters, I had all the cassette tapes, I even had my picture taken with the cardboard cutout of Joey Joe which my mom had blown up to poster size for Christmas one year. My neighbor Tracey had the same obsession. We would make up dances to the songs and run back and forth between houses showing anyone who would watch us dance to "Step by Step" or "The Right Stuff". Those were the days!! I never had the chance to go see them in concert but I didn't really mind. I had enough paraphernalia (I did spellcheck this one) to keep me happy.
But....when New Kids announced their reunion back in the spring I knew that as soon as tickets to the Atl concert went on sale I would have one of those suckers! Two of my best friends from middle/high school agreed to go also and we started counting down the days on June 6. We had floor seats and weren't sure if we would get to see much because all 3 of us are "vertically challenged" as Melanie puts it. We got lucky! They had a round piano stage set up at the end of our row which was only 14 seats long so we got to be pretty close up. They played a few songs there in the middle of the show and it was AWESOME!! When they started heading back to the big stage, they ran around the behind our section and right by our seats which were on the aisle. My friends reached out and touched Donnie and Joey, but I ( being the scrapbooker of the group) just blinded Joe with my flash! I figured the close up pic would last longer than the NKOTB germs so I tried not to hate myself. I had the best time and was tempted to head down to Tampa for the show today but I don't think my family would appreciate me becoming a groupie...oh, well. Thanks Melanie and Alicia!!

Alicia, me, and Mel

Joey Joe up close...He was my fav back in the day!
Donnie (Alicia's fav) and Jordan(Mel's fav)

Blinded by MY flash...

The guys...







3 comments:

Karina Rigtrup said...

Oh baby!!!!! I loved Joey too! MEMORIES...

The Daniel Family said...

Great write up babe...though I must say that picture of the 3 of us is SO not flattering. What's up with that??

Renee said...

It looks like you had a blast!!! you got some great pictures to scrapbook at the cabin.